Although I would not describe myself as a spiritual or even esoteric person, I am still very interested in philosophy and concerned myself with many different ideas of this discipline. I really respect Buddhism and the Dalai Lama. This charismatic dude claimed 20 instructions how to improve your life. Although its only 20 short phrases, there is deep wisdom and truth within each. Printing this out and frequently taking a look at is is strongly recommended!
1. Keep in mind that great love and great achivements also mean great risk.
2. If you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs:
– Respect for yourself
– Respect for others
– Responsibility for all of your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a great stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules, so you know how to break them.
6. Never allow a little controversy to destroy a great friendship.
7. If you realize that you you’ve made a mistake, immediately take action to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms for change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Consider that silence sometimes is the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. When you are old and look back, you can still enjoy it.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the basis for your life.
13. When arguing with loved ones, refer only to the current situation.
14. Don’t bring up the past.
15. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
16. Be gentle with earth.
17. Once a year, go to some place you have never been to before.
18. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for
19. Measure your success by what you had to give up for achieving it.
20. Dedicate love and cooking with your heart and your soul.